Thursday, November 1, 2012

Visiting Vegas

(Pay no attention to the very obvious use of alliteration)

The point is, I went home last weekend and it was perfect!! It was snowing the day I left Provo, and the next day in Vegas, it was in the high 70s! Reason #1000 why I love Vegas. I hadn't seen anyone in my family since I left for school in August (and some members of the family since July).


I wasn't lying about the snow.


I got accepted into BYU's nursing program which has been my dream since I can forever! (October has been an exciting month for me, to say the least)


I taught little baby Nolan the art of taking self pictures. Whether you believe it or not, he actually pressed the button to take this picture. He catches on very quickly.


I made a little cornucopia design for a floral design assignment for Mother to use around Thanksgiving time. It may not be the best thing you've ever seen, but keep in mind that I am not a professional.


I not-so-secretly think my mother REALLY wanted to go dress shopping, so we did. It was a little bit of a success, but not really. HEY PEOPLE READING THIS: if you know of anyone in Utah (or Vegas) that sews wedding dresses, let me know. I think that might be easier than trying to find one I semi-like and get it altered.


Like I said, he catches on quickly. He knows exactly what phones are for. And he loves them. He also loves when you put on music so he can walk around and dance with it.


We made pumpkins. Mine is the one on the left, and I'm sure that thing collapsed in a day. I didn't leave enough support for the poor thing. Jacob's in the middle one (I think it looks amazing). Tate and Sarah's is the one on the left (it's pumpkins stacked on one another).

And that was my extended weekend away from Provo and the cold and homework. It was great to be home; can't wait til Thanksgiving break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment