Sunday, December 2, 2012

Making Christmas seem real in apartment 203

Christmas decorations really struggle where you're in college. There's no 8+ foot tree in the family room, Christmas houses and "snow" in the front entry way, or lights hanging outside the house. But that doesn't mean you can't have some small things around the apartment, right? Right.

When I saw these on pinterest, I knew I HAD to make these. The Mabey home has hundreds of jars just laying around, and tons of those little trees, so this was the perfect craft. And I kid you not, it took me maybe 15 minutes and they are the cutest things ever.

Pinterest:

Mine:

As you know, I'm in a floral design class at BYU and we made this Christmas cube arrangement that is just perfect!! I'm really going to miss making fun things in that class every week, and I'll especially miss having flowers all the time. And honestly, I did learn a lot and have improved so much. Making floral arrangements is actually a lot harder than people think, so I definitely have so much more respect now for florists.

Our Christmas counter!!


And last but not least, the mini Christmas tree!! Despite its missing star at the top, I think it's pretty cute. I had this last year in my dorm and after searching the house for a while during Thanksgiving, I was so happy I finally found it. You can't celebrate Christmas without a tree!

1 comment:

  1. I was just glossing over the pictures and didn't read your text. When I saw you made the tree snow globes, I thought "Mill better have taken some trees from home." And then I went back and read that you did. Smart Millie. They look great!

    ReplyDelete