Flash back to April 1, 2012. Justin and I went on our first "real" date to conference (we had been to lunch a few times before, and had seen each other in class every Monday, Wednesday, Friday for the past 3 months.)
Flash forward to October 6, 2012. We went to conference again, this time with Justin's sister and brother-in-law.
Nicole and I just happened to wear the same cardigan. Out of every single thing we both own, what are the odds?
Inside the conference building. We made it with about 5 minutes to spare, but at least we got there, so really that's all that matters.
Then we walked around the grounds a little. I'm pretty good at lasting a long time in heels, and weather was perfect with a soft breeze, and the sky was clear.
This picture was taken about 30 seconds before the "event" occurred. I wasn't expecting anything, really. A couple weeks before, we had a conversation about waiting until Nov/Dec to get engaged, we hadn't been down to Vegas so he could talk to my dad (or at least I thought he hadn't talked to him) and I didn't think he had the ring despite the fact that it was picked out a while before.
And then this happened. Usually, Justin is a "speech" kind of guy; he loves to talk. But this was a short, sweet, and to-the-point kind of thing, which I was grateful for, and think was partly due to the fact that people were around us, the grass was slightly wet, and he's already told me a million times all the reasons why I'm perfect. (Disclaimer: I am no where near perfect)
We really struggle a lot. Okay, I really struggle a lot. Justin never does.
Trying to take the cliche engagement pic.
I laughed so hard when I got this text. (For those of you who don't know, the church just recently announced that girls can serve a mission at 19 years of age, instead of 21, meaning I could turn in my mission papers now if I wanted.)
And there it is!! It's just what I wanted (and also exactly what I picked out.) So now it's fun to have something extra on my left hand and for girls to stop and stare at.






Well, if you ever need a down payment for a house, you could always pawn your ring ;) So sweet...and looks like you'll need to get a new blog name.
ReplyDelete