Everyone knows Venice for its canals. But to my surprise, there were more streets than I expected. I mean, of course there weren't any cars, but there were many shops, markets, and little alleys. And of course, millions of bridges. The only thing we didn't do in Venice was go for a ride on a gandala.
Burano is famous for its very colorful houses and buildings. Seriously, two houses next to each other aren't the same color. Hmmmm... maybe it's a law. haha.
Murano is famous for its glass. Every other shop in Murano is a glass factory with extravagant vases, chandeliers, or just candy. (Mom bought like twenty pieces of glass candy. SO cute.)
My favorite part: GELATO! J and I found the perfect combination. Blueberry and lemon! So delicious!
Now... there are no pictures of Murano. But that is only because it was pretty boring. Except watching them make the glass or the glass factories. But off course ... "no flash photography!" Don't they know that people blog about these things?! haha
This is the coolest thing ever! Usually when you come off a plane, you get off in one of those tube things. Whatever that's called. haha. But this time, they opened the door, put down the stairs, and we literally got off the plane. I mean, of all the million times I have gone on planes, this has never happened before!
In Venice, they used to have this things where people would tell the government things that people were doing. For example, if I was stealing food, someone would write a note and stick it in that guy's mouth. Next thing I know, I would be sentenced to death! Don't they know that snitches get stiches?!
Waiting for a water taxi. This picture is just so cute. Especially because it looks like J and I are best friends!
J was literally obsessed with these lions. I guess the lion is Venice's national symbol. There are lions like everywhere in Venice, so I probably have at least twenty pictures of them. haha
One of the many famous canals in Venice.
Burano is so pretty. Please tell me that you notice that tower is leaning a lot. The leaning tower of.... Burano?!
This picture is the exact picture for our desktops on both computers. haha. It's just so pretty. Every house is so unique. Especially when you go up close.
Down a street ( ? ) in Burano. Technically it's not a street. haha. What do they call it? A pathway? A boat highway? Hmmm... so many questions.
Gelato! I had to include this picture. This place totally ripped us off .... but its sign was the cutest. haha
and the blog posts just keep getting more witty.... very nice pictures and comments :)
ReplyDeleteYou've been on an airplane over a million times? That's impressive. I think there is also quite a bit of sarcasm in your voice.
ReplyDeletei just noticed your title comment. creative, somewhat long, but creative.
ReplyDelete